Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brokeback Mountain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cynisca

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
Interesting that they compare Heath to River Phoenix. I immediately thought of River when I heard of Heath's death Confused Another young star, full of potential, becomes a star in the sky.

They had rather similar looks too... Sad
Both River and Heath created shockwaves with their manner of passing, as it was so unexpected. I think that is another similarity.
My daughter is still a little 'off' when you mention Heath, she quite liked him, he was only a couple of years older than her... Sad
joanna

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I heard about his death, I watched Brokeback Mountain again right away. He was so goog there. Then I watched 'Casanova' and I liked it, too.
It's such a pity Heath is not with us any more. Yeah, a star in the sky, that's what he is now. I like to think of that.
Adriv

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say I still don't get that fact that he took all those pills. It's really weird to think that he didn't think that you just DON'T take so many pills at the same time. I just don't get it - there is more of the story that we know. Sad
Catherine X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he just wasn't thinking straight. Apparently Jake Gyllenhaal and some of Heath's other friends were worried about him and thought he was sinking into depression. I suppose he just wasn't taking care of himself and thought 'oh, I can't sleep, I'll take these pills', 'oh, I feel anxious, I'll take these pills', 'oh I feel depressed, I'll take these pills' and all the pills accumulated in his system and had a terrible effect Confused Sad
Cynisca

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were also the rumours that he had pneumonia.
I think that Heath took something that made him feel tired and groggy and like Catherine says, he wasn't thinking stright..
I just have this feeling that he was trying to get to the bathroom to be sick, hence how he was found.
apelles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news for Heath enthusiasts. It looks like his portrayal of The Joker in The Dark Knight is going to be amazing.
Also the unfinished Terry Gilliam project, the Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus will be finished using the footage of Heath already shot, plus three actors to portray him in other incarnations; Jude Law, Johnny Depp and, best of all, Colin Farrell. Colin's on record as saying he's terrified of stepping into Heath's shoes but I think he'll do well.
Can't wait.
I'm wondering if the Academy might award him a posthumous Oscar for the Joker to make up for the appalling miscarriage of justice when he didn't win for the role of Ennis. Just speculating.
Catherine X

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apelles wrote:
I'm wondering if the Academy might award him a posthumous Oscar for the Joker to make up for the appalling miscarriage of justice when he didn't win for the role of Ennis. Just speculating.

Wouldn't that be good? In a sad way I mean.

Yes, great about the Deppster and our Colin acting in Heath's place. Not sure about Jude Law though Confused
apelles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you don't like Jude Law either? Nor me. Just something about him....don't know what. The other two though will be great. Very Happy
joanna

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to say that I don't like Jude Law, either. (as an actor, I mean)
Catherine X

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jude Law always looks too girly, perfect and weird for me. The only role I liked him in was Cold Mountain, where he looked rough and manly, ***SPOILER ***and his death scene was very well acted.
apelles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided, reluctantly, to take down all my Brokeback Mountain artwork from the web, apart from my own gallery where I can protect it more effectively. The reason for this is that the paintings and drawings have been constantly poached and re-posted elsewhere, despite requests not to do it. It's a common misunderstanding that it's ok to do this without getting permission or crediting the artist. This is certainly not the case for a variety of reasons, some legal and some moral. All the images posted in this way have been laboriously tracked down and removed and warnings have been issued to the individuals and forums involved.
It's a shame that a few irresponsible, thoughtless people can spoil things for the majority.
So, thanks for the past support everyone. It's been a lot of fun. Very Happy

Janie.
joanna

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apelles wrote:
I've decided, reluctantly, to take down all my Brokeback Mountain artwork from the web, apart from my own gallery where I can protect it more effectively. The reason for this is that the paintings and drawings have been constantly poached and re-posted elsewhere, despite requests not to do it. It's a common misunderstanding that it's ok to do this without getting permission or crediting the artist. This is certainly not the case for a variety of reasons, some legal and some moral. All the images posted in this way have been laboriously tracked down and removed and warnings have been issued to the individuals and forums involved.
It's a shame that a few irresponsible, thoughtless people can spoil things for the majority.
So, thanks for the past support everyone. It's been a lot of fun. Very Happy

Janie.

Oh God! I understand you, Janie.

How stupid some people are!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: