Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Movie
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jared Leto
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: New Movie Reply with quote

Actor discusses his upcoming films.

Jared Leto has completed photography on Lord of War with Nicolas Cage and is currently filming Awake, the debut directorial effort from Joby Harold. He's acting his like a madman (figuratively speaking) and he couldn't be happier. Says Leto, "I'm really excited about the way things are going."

When it comes to choosing potential film projects, a process he's most passionate about, Leto narrows his decision down to the essentials. "I look for three things," he says. "I look for a great script, a great director and a great part. I would say the movie I just did, Alexander, it definitely falls into that category. Oliver Stone is an amazing writer, director, and I love the character of Hephaistion [Alexander's closest friend and confidant]. So everything kind of clicked. I'm really grateful for that and the opportunity."

About Lord of War's story Leto says, "It's a really, really beautiful; something that's never been on screen before. It's about an arms dealer. It's about this sale of weapons across the world and the consequences about that. It's part character piece, part social commentary, part political film. It's a really, really cool movie and a very important film in a weird way. I play Nic's brother, Vitali. We're Russian immigrants but we grew up in America. He starts selling weapons and then I get in on it and obsessed about it. We go around the world together selling weapons and I get distracted by other things. Drugs and stuff."

At the other end of the financial totem pole is the low-budget, psychological thriller Awake, written and directed by Joby Harold and costarring Fisher Stevens (Hackers, Short Circuit). The film is currently in production, shooting in New York. In it Leto plays an heir to a family fortune who develops a heart condition. It sounds like a simple drama, but the film's main premise is effectively nightmarish: can you imagine being on an operating table and your anesthetic wears off?

"It's about a young guy that goes into a hospital to get a heart transplant," says Leto. "He gets put under anesthesia, and when he goes under he realizes he can hear and feel everything, but he can't move. The doctors are ripping his heart open and pulling it out of his chest. And then, well, some other things happen but I can't talk about it. But my character in the movie, he has to go through his memories to try and figure out what's going on."

Leto admits that after appearing in so many heavily dramatic films it might be time to consider a comedy. "It might be nice to try. So far in my career, this is kind of like more masochism. What is up with that? Maybe I need a spanking."
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me! Me!! I will give you the spanking. Wink
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even I, a Colin fan, would give Jared a good spanking! Laughing Laughing
Hephaestion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you! Laughing
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a naughty boy! Yes, he must have a spanking. (Where is that drooling emoticon anyway - I seem to require one of those quite often).

So, how many spankings has he been promised by this board? I guess one of us will have to rub his bottom afterward to help the sting wear off. OK, twist my arm - I'll take that job!

I liked what he said about his role in Alexander too.
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cindoo15 wrote:
I guess one of us will have to rub his bottom afterward to help the sting wear off.

Rub his what?
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine - I guess the English equivalent of bottom is bum (you know, his butt!).
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I know. I was just being a naughty rude girl and thinking we should rub something else..... Laughing What a bad girl I am!
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Yes Catherine - we could rub that too! You naughty wench.

Funny, when I read that you didn't know what I meant by bottom (at least I thought you didn't); I was thinking, well what could she have thought I meant, his feet?
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I KNEW I should have put a smiley after 'rub his what?' Razz [the lust smiley] Actually we could just give him an all over massage and have done with it, then move on to Colin.
Adriv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess being the "mistress of Jared" I will have to rub it (whatever it is to rub) Wink
Catherine X

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, dam you Adriv! As you are 'Mistress of Jared's boudoir' or whatever it was, I'll have to make way for you to rub Jared's bits! Hmph! [sulks and stamps foot Laughing Laughing ]

Hurrah! Just remembered that I am 'Mistress of Colin's boudoir', so I will hurry over and rub whatever he wants me to rub as soon as I can... byee! Laughing Laughing
cindoo15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn you both, Adriv and Catherine!! You have both beaten me. I guess I will have to play unfair and seeing how I am here in Texas which is closer to California (where I assume they are) then both Maryland and England I shall rush out there and claim them both for myself before you can arrive. So there (sticking my tongue out at you both).
Adriv

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cindoo15 wrote:
Darn you both, Adriv and Catherine!! You have both beaten me. I guess I will have to play unfair and seeing how I am here in Texas which is closer to California (where I assume they are) then both Maryland and England I shall rush out there and claim them both for myself before you can arrive. So there (sticking my tongue out at you both).

LOL Laughing
allison

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info on Jared's new movies - was wondering what he was going to get up to next Cool

Guess I'll just have to stand in line re the rubbing Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jared Leto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: