Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

colin or brad pitt?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashish2484

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: colin or brad pitt? Reply with quote

well guys, here in india people are going crazy about brad pitt's performance in troy and are cursing colin for alexander! well very pathetic of them to do so! Shocked has ne1 seen troy? and do u think the same way?well afterall troy is jst an imaginary story whereas alexander is a true one! i truly hate those people who made the movie a commercial failure! Crying or Very sad
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I thought Brad Pitt was okay as Achilles I suppose, but not brilliant. Eric Bana as Hector was far more moving and realistic and he's the one I remember.

You will find lots of people here who are annoyed that Alexander was criticised so much for such stupid reasons such as 'it was too gay', 'not enough battles' etc. We have had heated debates around here about it! Mad

I don't think the actual story of Troy was imaginary, just the plot of the film Troy- the real battle/ siege of Troy took 10 years, not a few days apparently. I think it was based on real events but of course we've only got Homer's Iliad to rely on for what really happened. Archaeologists have found the site of Troy, I think as well. Smile
ashish2484

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thanx catherine 4 the info! Very Happy i hadnt seen troy and so didnt really know what it was about.surely i will see it as soon as i get time!
mOoK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in ma opinion...

Colin's hot, Brad's NOT .. well... juz dat Rolling Eyes
lardvaark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Troy Reply with quote

I thought Troy was basically a very watchable film when it came out, we have the DVD and I still find it entertaining. But I have to admit, more than a little bit of resentment has grown in me towards it as a result of those people (they obviously exist in India too!) who said "Why couldn't Alexander have been more like Troy?" They honestly think Troy has the edge when it comes to i) accuracy, ii) entertainment factor and iii) not portraying the characters in a "bad light"....
/sighs
I'll try not to go in-depth with these issues here as we do it elsewhere, but
i) a two-hour Trojan siege? Achilles and Patroclus as cousins, anyone? ii) More battles, less talking. 'Nuff said. iii) To say the characters are one-dimensional is a little harsh, but stood next to OS' characters, you can't help but make comparisons....

Bit more than 2p's worth, sorry... Smile
ashish2484

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i said, lardvaark,i havent seen it yet but will watch it soon!
Smile
Alexiel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy is just RIDICULOUS,believe me,I saw it and I was petrified for the S**T they put in that! That was not Iliad,full stop!
Achilles in Troy's horse???ARE WE KIDDING???
btw,Brad is a very good actor-see Interview with the vampire- but in Troy he wasn't at his best---though his body was still gorgeous lol
colin is a very good actor too-no doubt,I follow him since i watched Phone Booth and my regard to him is getting bigger everyday
who is the hottest...hard question...I like more colin,though Smile
tv

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Troy and found it completely boring. The only character that had some charisma was Eric Bana who played Victor. I'm a little biased though, because I read the story and only admired Hector for being a caring brother, a lovable husband, a dutiful son, and a hero of Troy.

I chuckled at the fighting scenes, it looked ridiculous and laughable. Alexander was way more artistic and real. Colin was much better than Brad. Colin is Alexander, and Brad ... is simply Brad.
allison

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy was not a good film - for starters, everything happened in a weekend rather than over 10 years, the Achilles/Patroclus relationship was reduced to being cousins only, the Gods did not appear in the film at all when they were an integral part of the Illiad, and Brad Pitt was very very very wooden - he may look pretty as a statue, but he is not a good actor.
isela

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: i cant imagine another alexander Reply with quote

well i can not imagine another alexander collin is the best opcion. brad is handsome but in my opinion collin is more interesting he has more personality. and to tell the truth i did not like troy with brad.
and more about troy they hide the love between aquiles and patroclo.
dizzielizzie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: brad or colin Reply with quote

When I saw a river runs through it with Brad I was smitten for years .
Then I saw Tigerland and thought OMG who is that guy ,and now its no contest colin colin colin .I also think he looks better with short hair like he did in swat,and brad was at his best in legands of the fall with long hair [swoon] Wink
joanna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe men with long hair look sexier. For example Brad as Achilles and Colin as Alexander!!! They look great with long hair. Can you imagine them in these roles with short hair? No way! You see what I mean?
dizzielizzie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: brad or colin Reply with quote

mmmmmmmmmm I'm not so sure about colins hair in Alexandra! but I have seen the pics for his new film New World ,long and dark..Now i'm realy looking forward to that film. Wink
joanna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Colin looks great with any length of hair or colour (he's an exception). That man is simply...gorgeous!

But I prefer him with long hair. I have a photo of his in an interview with a pony tail. My God, he really looks so sexy!!!!
Ysoria

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROY was like quick-pace entertainment and enjoyable. ALEXANDER is something you might watched again and trying to understand....its a way deeper movie compared to TROY. but for many people, this "depth" makes them fall asleep. the other bunch of people shun away due to bad publicity from others who curses about "gay flick". i dont see it as a gay flick, but its not a movie that is readily enjoyed by many because it provokes thought. the characters are deep.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: