Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noticed something...??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adriv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Noticed something...?? Reply with quote

Watching the movie and my clips, I have noticed something.... in the scene "stay with me tonight" when Hephaestion was reading Alexander's letter with him, if you look very closely at them, I have noticed that they both are wearing matching necklaces. And I know it means something, but what?
The other thing too was on the scene when Alexander was talking to his soldiers when they are about to go to India, you can see Hephaestion and Alexander are wearing same armour too. Isn't it cool??

I bet they're more things that we don't realize. Idea
allison

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy more things to look for!! The more I watch OS's Alexander, the more there is to see!! Thanks for pointing it out (although I'll have to wait for the DVD to look out for other things to notice).
pam from L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Medallions Reply with quote

This is my first post on this list, so here goes.

You mentioned the medallions that Colin and Jared are wearing. According to Robin Lane Fox's book, "Making of Alexander," Colin and Jared exchanged locks of hair and put them in the medallions. Isn't that wonderful! Smile Btw, that scene is one of my favorites.

Pam
lardvaark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, we got ourselves two Pams! This could get confusing.... Smile
Welcome. Yeah, that was a really nice little story from RLF's book.

Well done to the sharp-eyed Adriv for noticing them in the Eve of Battle scene. I'm looking forward to loads of these little revelations as the DVDs (of whatever form Smile ) trickle into circulation.
ashish2484

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh thanx a lot adriv! Smile now i'll watch the flick carefully....again....and.....again....and....again....
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ashish2484

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh thanx a lot adriv! Smile now i'll watch the flick carefully....again....and.....again....and....again....
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ashish2484

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed OOPS! look at me! messing around big time!
Adriv

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Medallions Reply with quote

pam from L.A. wrote:
This is my first post on this list, so here goes.

You mentioned the medallions that Colin and Jared are wearing. According to Robin Lane Fox's book, "Making of Alexander," Colin and Jared exchanged locks of hair and put them in the medallions. Isn't that wonderful! Smile Btw, that scene is one of my favorites.

Pam

They did?? *sigh* so romantic....
But wait a minute.. Question Colin and Jared exchanged locks of hair? or you mean Alexander and Hephaestion?
Goldsnail

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it was Colin and Jared
Adriv

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldsnail wrote:
I heard it was Colin and Jared

REALLY??? Shocked Why? that is so sweet! Very Happy
pam from L.A.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Robin Lane Fox quote Reply with quote

Here's the exact quote from "The Making of Alexander" regarding the exchange of locks of hair.

"In Jared's view, '90% of my audition was nervous nonsense,' but Oliver saw the potential, and Jared joined the cast with the brief to 'love Colin loyally.' It was not too difficult, as he already respected Colin for his performance in 'Phone Booth.' Near the end of filming, the two of them even exchanged locks of hair as mementoes for the medallions they wear around their necks."

Here's another fun quote from the book during the filming of the elephant sequences:

"Has any gardening journalist, my other day job, ever been asked to gallop and jump over grass mounds between ornamental botanical trees, while his film King is thundering in from the right? 'Call something, Jared,' Oliver's voice came over the microphone. 'I love you, Alexander,' Jared shouted into the forest. Colin shouted back, 'I'll see to you afterwards' (or words to that effect), and we all had such laughter that the shot had to be delayed." Laughing

Pam from L.A.
Adriv

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe....interesting. I bet it was fun.
Cymoril

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what, what? Surprised Colin and Jared exchanged locks of hair? I'm in shock....

well as for theory...I guess they have the same medallions and armour coz they were so simmilar and alike to each other.... blah, blah, blah...but we all know that I guess!

but I have to say that it ie well noticed...it didn't caught my attention somehow Confused
cindoo15

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there Pam from LA. This is Pam from Dallas! Nice to meet you. It seems we have things in common besides our name. I too loved the stories in the making of book that you mentioned; two of my favorites in there! I have wondered what exactly Colin did say to Jared that made them all laugh! I have my thoughts but dare not repeat them Laughing

Adriv - nice detective work. I can't wait to be able to find all those little extras when I finally get to see it again.
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they still have the medallions with them. Maybe under their pillow...hehe. I can only wish Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: