Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About this whole DC concept
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catherine X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Warning: this post contains undiluted anger and sarcasm Reply with quote

lardvaark wrote:
What I'm getting to is, it seems most people will adopt an automatically negative approach to things until shown otherwise, a "guilty until proven innocent" sort of mentality. The knock-on effect can be quite scary. And if people weren't prepared to dip into their pockets for five quid to go and see it in cinemas based purely on poorly-thought out preconceptions, what on Earth makes them think they will happily throw their 20s over the counter for a DVD purely because they've been told it's been tweaked?

Yes, people are often sheep when it comes to trends and thinking they must do/say/ watch/ wear what is 'cool'. I've decided to completely ignore the critics as they all say something different, even about 'Alexander'.

I've gone to the cinema in the past expecting a great film due to good reviews and its been rubbish. E.g. Moulin Rouge, Get Shorty and others. Sorry to those who love those films but I didn't like them and because they had been hyped so much, was disappointed.

The moral of the story is: make up your own mind about things. A lesson we all know on the Alexander board but the 'general public' seem to be too frightened to do. Now I'm getting on my soapbox! Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: