Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 'Alexander' collection; hand-crafted replicas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joanna

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: The 'Alexander' collection; hand-crafted replicas Reply with quote

Here we are again. More things available. We've bought all the others and nothing can stop us now!
Replicas of weapons and armor on sale but this time inspired by Oliver Stone's movie. Very, very affortable! Click to see what I mean:

http://legendaryheroes.com/site/Alexander/index.html

At least we can afford the cloak pin.Or, no ....NO? Sad
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one did you buy joanna?
joanna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought all of them...in double! One set for my son and one for my nephew.My niece complained (she wanted her own set ,as well) but in the end I convinced her that these things Sad weren't for a girl.
Adriv

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joanna wrote:
I bought all of them...in double! One set for my son and one for my nephew.My niece complained (she wanted her own set ,as well) but in the end I convinced her that these things Sad weren't for a girl.

I´m thinking of buying something for myself... I´m a girl Very Happy

I really want to buy a bust of Alexander and put it in my living room, I will buy it one day.
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Adriv, then I shall have to come and buy your house too!

Actually, I saw a bust in a furniture store and it was only $100.00! I don't know, but Alexander seems to be following me around these days.
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joanna - you had me going there. I checked the site and they looked lovely so I was thinking, well, Joanna said they were affordable so, are they made of cardboard or something? Of coarse, then I clicked onto the prices and discovered your little joke! Laughing You should be punished for getting me so excited like that and the, the big let down. Crying or Very sad

Hm, my husband does blacksmith work as a hobby, maybe I should set him on a project!
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriv wrote:
joanna wrote:

I´m thinking of buying something for myself... I´m a girl Very Happy

I'm a girl too and I would have bought something for myself as well; gosh, I really could have scared the hell out of my hubby one night if I managed to get it without him knowing! Now that is funny Laughing Oh there goes my very wierd sense of humor again.
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To elaborate on that thought. I could have left one night like I was going to work (I work 2300 - 0700) and then come back home a bit later wearing my helmet and such. How funny, but he probably would shoot me so I best not do that.

If I disappear from the board, well I guess you can figure out I decided to give it a try Laughing
Adriv

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can play out one night being Alexander wearing the helmet and stuff and your hubby can be your Hephaestion.... and don´t forget the wine Idea
cindoo15

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to find Hephaestion armour as well - that could be a bit more difficult. Actually, in my fantasy anyway - I know people differ on this opinion, it would have to be the other way around (me Hephaestion, him Alexander) because, well I just don't have the right parts to play Alexaners part; but, I do have the long brown hair like Hephaestion.

We'd have to forget the Irish accents though - as I said before, we'd just start laughing at each other. Hm, like the thought of us dressed up in armour and helmets isn't just hilarious enough Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Gee, what would I say if the kids woke up and we're chasing each other round the house all dressed up in armour? Then, they'd go and tell a friend how funny Mommy and Daddy are, and well then it'd get around the neighborhood and .... next thing you know, Child Protective Services would be at our door.

So definitely, we'd have to rent a hotel room; oh yes, we could run around the hallways and scare all the guests! I really am laughing out loud right now yall - this is too funny. So I guess my next choice would be to rent a cabin in the woods somewhere... yes, that would work!
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pam, you truly are hillarious! Very Happy Oh, by the way, I was also cheated by Joanna about the prices. We should agree on the punishment. Very Happy
Catherine X

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just thought: for the college Fun Run last October, B. A. [Before Alexander], I dressed up as Boadicea/ Boudicca. So I've got a massive sword [about 4 feet long] and small shield already. Only plastic though. I did loads of practising waving the sword around my head in a Xena type way and got quite good at it, despite nearly knocking off someone's glasses, and slapping my husband's bum with it [complete accident, honest].
cindoo15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexandros_19 wrote:
Pam, you truly are hillarious! Very Happy Oh, by the way, I was also cheated by Joanna about the prices. We should agree on the punishment. Very Happy

Thanks Alexandros_20 (I insist on calling you that now that you've had a birthday) - just my weird sense of humor; I guess yours must be a bit off as well since you think I'm hillarious! Laughing Laughing

As for Joannas punishment. I'll be meeting her next month in Florence, maybe I'll have to find some armour and chase her around!! Oh God, now she's going to be scared to meet me and will cancel our plans. Please don't Joanna!! Or better yet - oh this is good. I just read that the DVD will be released in Italy in May, that's when I'm going to be there. I will have to go around and buy EVERY copy in Italy so she can't get one. OOOOHHHH, that is cruel. Don't think I have it in me.

Joanna - I just realized that the DVD is coming out May 17 - the day AFTER I leave Florence. This is horrible. Oh it would have been such fun to watch it together.
cindoo15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
I've just thought: for the college Fun Run last October, B. A. [Before Alexander], I dressed up as Boadicea/ Boudicca. So I've got a massive sword [about 4 feet long] and small shield already. Only plastic though. I did loads of practising waving the sword around my head in a Xena type way and got quite good at it, despite nearly knocking off someone's glasses, and slapping my husband's bum with it [complete accident, honest].

Oh but Catherine has he asked you to do it again (slap his bum with the sword that is)?
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cindoo15 wrote:
Thanks Alexandros_20 (I insist on calling you that now that you've had a birthday) - just my weird sense of humor; I guess yours must be a bit off as well since you think I'm hillarious! Laughing Laughing

Oh, yes, you should call me Alexandros_20. Very Happy It's just that the username cannot be modified in the forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: