Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVD has been realeased?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adriv

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: DVD has been realeased? Reply with quote

Alexander was today officially released on DVD in the Northern European nations: Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland.

[Moderator Note: REGION 2 -- which includes Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland]

The movie can be brought as a 1 disk or a 2 disk version.

Both versions contain the full theater film; nothing has been cut but
sadly nothing has been added either.

Is that true?? I heard it from someone.
Goldsnail

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be very surprised if that was true, because usually the UK gets things first or, just as common, it's a Europe-wide release.
Catherine X

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, I got all excited then! Then I realised you were asking a question.

But I do remember Halfaery and Hephaestion [the Finnish one] saying it was due out in April. Maybe it is true?
miss_scarlett

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: dvd realise Reply with quote

yes It's true.
Alexander dvd is now on sale in Denmark, Sweden and Norvay. There are two versions (single dvd and two dvd with interviews,documentary,making of...and so on).

The others date of realise are:

-Italy 17 may 2005
-Deutchland 28 may 2005
-USA and UK 05 july 2005

Sorry for Uk's citizens but in your country the dvd realise will be delated because it will be the "re-edit" version with director's cuts (like in USA).
But you can buy the original version online just right now.

visit the sites: www.dvd.dk or www.laserdisken.dk
(of course the film is in enghlish)

Bye
Catherine X

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to you Miss Scarlett and thanks for the info. Smile

I'm a bit surprised at the release date for the UK, because Oliver Stone's letter said it would be June. That is really unfair that we can only get the edited version! Mad
miss_scarlett

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hy,
i don't know the reason of this choice (to realise the "USA" version of dvd) but i think in UK you will find easily the "european" version. At least you can buy it online (from denmark, deutchland, Italy and so on). So you will have the two versions! Very Happy (i'm from italy but i've ordered it today in a denmark site 'cause I can't wait)
the date of 05 july 2005 is confirmed on: www.internetbookshop.co.uk (the dvd is now on booking).
Bye
Goldsnail

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, for once UK and USA have to wait longest! Very Happy Usually it's quite the other way round.... very much so. Heh.
Adriv

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until July??? Sad
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still wouldn't get too nervous about the theatrical version. From all indications Stone plans on releasing it both in the US and the UK along with the other version. He does state that in the Cineaste article that was posted. So, I don't think all of us U.S. people (like myself) or Ukers will have to worry too much. Unless this changes between now and July for some reason.

Yes, it still looks like July 5th for the release date for the US and the UK. I am still trying to find out more information for the Dreamworks site. If I come across anything I will let you know. I know WB says that details will be released soon.

Dara Smile
cindoo15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all so nerve-racking!! I can't stand it.

Here's a thought. Maybe he released it in just a few countries to see what the response will be? So, if it's not good, he can change things around a bit before releasing to the rest of us.
lardvaark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo, did Mr Stone lie then? Confused Only time will tell.

I'm hella annoyed that the UK is only getting the "safe" version to start with, though: I mean, we as a country weren't over-enthusiastic about the movie, but there certainly wasn't the "outrage" and "shock" that there was from audiences Stateside*, so why censor it?

Still, thank God I've got a multi-region player, so I'm going to buy a copy from the first respectable-looking site I come across.

I've been lying low with illness just lately, and it's all kicked off since, so I've come back to all this excited posting activity. Head-spinning stuff.

Love from She Who Uses Many Quotation Marks. And Hyphens.

*Of course, you don't need to tell me that our American pals on here deserve to see the unedited version as much as anyone, I'm just trying to understand what drove the DVD people's thinking. Wink
miss_scarlett

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually we can notice that the dvd realise between april and may will be only in that countries in wich Alexander had been first at box office for many weeks.
And then i think this is also a business "trick". We (italian,german,danish and so on) buy the theatrical version now, and then we will buy the edited version simply for curiosity! Smile
So i don't think that it had been realesed in our countries only for tasting the market because here they are sure it will work well like it was on theatre.
Boh....i don't know!! Laughing
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

larvaark my friend, I think you are getting a bit worried about that theatrical version. No worries, mate!

I have heard through the rumor mill that the re-edited version and the theatrical version would be released at the same time, possibly in the same package. If not then separately, at the same time. I highly doubt that one will come before the other. Now, I don't know what the marketing stategy will be with WB, but I think it would be unusual to release one without the other.

I know sometimes you get Directors Cuts of a film, but that always comes after the theatrical version has been released. In this case its more of a re-edit than a Directors Cut (if that is what some want to call it. I guess it is the version Stone wants). This seems like an unusual case to me. We have been hearing so much about the re-edited version and not the theatrical version. But the only natural thing would be to release the theatrical first. But in this case it may not be released first, but I think at the same time.

Did that all make sense?

Dara Smile
Ely

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much is 247.00 DKK and what does Leveringsmåte means? I'm trying to order from that site but I have no idea what Im getting into lol. I only speak English and Spanish fluently hehe.
Thanks in advance.
miss_scarlett

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

247,00 DKK means (more or less) 34.33 € (i don't konw about pounds and dollars).
Yes it's pretty difficult to join those site but just try, one time, two time and so on and you can make it (usually you must write name,firstname, address, username, password and so on).
After two ours i was able to join it!
Good Luck
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: