Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVD has been realeased?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catherine X

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There definitely was a 3 disc Alexander for Region 3 a couple of days ago on www.cdwow.com ! I swear it was there and now its gone! That is very, very weird, maybe spies are watching and have removed it. Very strange.... Confused
Catherine X

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also found some DVDs of Alexander at Kelkoo:

http://films.kelkoo.co.uk/ctl/do/search?siteSearchQuery=alexander&catId=148401&x=33&y=6

They seem to be releasing a special two disc region 2 edition on 1st August 2005. Hope this link works! Rolling Eyes
Susa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UK two disc version is available to preorder at sendit.com. Release date 4th July (they'd previously announced it as being out in May) The price is reduced from £22.99 RRP to £14.99 (this site also delivers postage free and is very reliable)

http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7000000101655
apelles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susa wrote:
The UK two disc version is available to preorder at sendit.com. Release date 4th July (they'd previously announced it as being out in May) The price is reduced from £22.99 RRP to £14.99 (this site also delivers postage free and is very reliable)

http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7000000101655

Thanks a million for that.Like everyone else I,ve been running around like a headless chicken.Why oh why are the sadists making us wait until July? Confused
moomoo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered the two disc version from the Danish site, but it is currently out of stock! Sad

I have been corresponding with someone on the site via e-mail who has been extremely helpful in helping me set up an account and placing the order.

Just wish the movie was in stock so they can send it to me. Been waiting for about a week now for it to come back in stock.
Ely

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to order it but from an English site, Any one knows of any English sites that offers it?
joanna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What an avatar! Coooooool! Very Happy
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the nice members at the EpicFilmTalk.com board (formally the Dreamworksfansite) has posted the cover art for the DVD for Region 1 from Davis DVD. So hang in there Region 1 folks, it looks like we may get an announcement in the very near future.

The only drawback that I was not happy about is that the Director's cut edition may actually be the only one available for Region 1 according to the site. I thought that would not happen. But according to the Davis DVD people that may be the case. So, don't even get me started...

Anyway, here is the artwork for the DVD:

You can read a bit about the DVD from here (specs are not available yet, but it is 2 dics):

[url] http://www.davisdvd.com/news/news.html [/url]

Dara Smile
alessandros

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waoh! cool!...........i wonder which version will asian countries(region 3) get??
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Region 1 folks (the would be the people in the US), some good news today....

Warner Brothers has FINALLY made the official announcement about the DVD (it's about time). It will come in 3 versions and one of those versions IS the theatrical version. They will all be released on August 2nd. There doesn't look to be a lot of extras, but as more details become available, I will try to post them. The DVD is pricey, but is a great addition to your collection. There do not seem to be any extras on the Final Cut versions of the film.

Here are some of the details from the WB's site (where you can pre-order the DVD):

First Version
Alexander: Theatrical (widescreen)
Category: Action & Adventure
Oliver Stone recreates the towering, true story of Alexander the Great (Colin Farrell), who in the 4th Century BC conquered Greece, Persia, Afghanistan and India- 90% of the known world. Against massive armies of chariots and elephants, he never lost a battle. Visionary, explorer, dreamer- he was also a tender son, torn by his mother's (Angelina Jolie) burning love and ambition and desperate for his father's (Val Kilmer) approval. His dream shaped the world we live in today.

"Wild, Glorious..Entertaining" --Ebert & Roepert
"Prepare to be awestruck!" --Ken Tucker, NEW YORK MAGAZINE

DVD Features:
Audio Commentary: Oliver Stone and historian Robin Lane Fox.
Documentaries: Resurrecting Alexander, explores the filming of Alexander.
Perfect is the Enemy of God, provides an in depth look at the details that go into the filming of an epic.
Featurette: Soundtrack featurette: Vangelis Scores Alexander.

Second Version
Price: $27.95
Available 8/2/2005

Orders accepted for U.S. Only

Alexander: Final Cut (standard)
Oliver Stone recreates the towering, true story of Alexander the Great (Colin Farrell), who in the 4th Century BC conquered Greece, Persia, Afghanistan and India- 90% of the known world. Against massive armies of chariots and elephants, he never lost a battle. Visionary, explorer, dreamer- he was also a tender son, torn by his mother's (Angelina Jolie) burning love and ambition and desperate for his father's (Val Kilmer) approval. His dream shaped the world we live in today.

DVD Features:
Documentaries

Third Version
Price: $29.95
Available 8/2/2005

Orders accepted for U.S. Only

Alexander: Final Cut (widescreen)

DVD Features:
Documentaries

Here is the link to the WB's site:

http://store.warnervideo.com/whv.product.list.asp?fmt=dv&sgenre=581&keyword=Alexander&mscssid=HHJ9J3CN1RMG8GNDK9DEX4RJUAQ8BUP6&Search.x=7&Search.y=13

Cheers,

Dara Smile
cindoo15

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for posting the link. I guess it is official now.
alessandros

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for region 3 folks(dont think there's alot asian here):

Alexander: Theatrical (widescreen)
Category: Action & Adventure, Epics

DVD Features:
Commentary
Documentaries
interviews
behind the scene
Hephaestion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz Alexander was released today in Finland and of course I bought it. There are two versions, 1 disc and 2 discs (bought the 2 disc version). And watched the movie as soon as I could. I haven't seen the extras yet, but many has said they aren't what they expected. It needs something more...
But it was so good to see the film Smile

I'm tired so I don't write more.. Razz
Adriv

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hephaestion wrote:
Razz Alexander was released today in Finland and of course I bought it. There are two versions, 1 disc and 2 discs (bought the 2 disc version). And watched the movie as soon as I could. I haven't seen the extras yet, but many has said they aren't what they expected. It needs something more...
But it was so good to see the film Smile

I'm tired so I don't write more.. Razz

Tell us Hephaestion when you see the extras whenever you have a chance.
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this over in one of the other forums and I thought it belonged here, too.

Just a bit of general information about the DVD from The Digital Bits:

The big news today is that Warner has finally announced the DVD release of two versions of Oliver Stone's Alexander to street on 8/2. The first will be a 2-disc Alexander: Special Edition (SRP $29.95), featuring the 175-minute theatrical version of the film in anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. Extras will include audio commentary with director Oliver Stone and historian Robin Lane Fox, the Resurrecting Alexander, Perfect is the Enemy of God and The Death of Alexander documentaries, and a featurette on the film's soundtrack, Vangelis Scores Alexander. Also available on 8/2 will be a 2-disc Alexander: Director's Cut (SRP also $29.95), featuring a 167-minute version of the film ("newly inspired, faster-paced and more action-packed" according to the cover), also in anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 5.1 and, as far as we can tell, the same extras as the theatrical cut. So yes, the director's cut is actually SHORTER than the theatrical cut. Strange bird that Oliver Stone. A full frame version of the director's cut will also be available.

Dara:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: