Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVD has been realeased?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Joanna for your personal distress but I am really very very happy to hear the DVD is doing soooooo well!! Or, here's my pesimistic side showing through, maybe the company only ordered a few copies thinking they wouldn't sell much because it did so poorly in the theater and that's why they're all gone.

Oooooh, I FEEL the negative tension coming through my computer from everyone who just read that! LOL!! Sorry guys. I'm sure that's not the reason, just a strange thought I had.

Maybe the great success of the DVD in Holland (that is where you're getting it from isn't it) will encourage Mr. Stone to add more to the 'bonus' disk for the later releases. OK, just had to give myself something to hope for since I have to wait so so soooooooooooo long for the release. I am so green with envy that I almost don't even want to read this thread - but yet, I cannot stop myself.
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cindoo - you should order it - I'm sure it wont be too long before they re-stock, and you get it real quick - I ordered mine last Monday (11th) and got last Thursday (14th) just in time for w/k - I jusy wish I had some mates who enjoyed the film that I could have invited round to watch it with me - as it was I was on my little ownsome.....

I would really advise everyone to get it - just so you don't have to wait until whenever they deem it fit to be released in this country - to re-affirm - it's the full version that we all know and love from the cinema's - so all those months of worry we can now put behind us - thank Zeus for that!

Sorry to hear about your long wait Joanna - but I'm sure it wont be too much longer - and it'll be all the sweeter when you do get it.......
Catherine X

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found out that you can buy Alexander on www.cdwow.com But the region 2 [Europe] DVD is only 1 disc, the region 3 [South Asia] DVD is 3 discs!?! What is going on?
miss_scarlett

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read that even in france it will be the 3 disk edition. I don't know about the differences.
cindoo15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipsqueak wrote:
Cindoo - you should order it

I would, I would, BUT, it won't play on my DVD player because they encode things differently between the US and Europe. Zeus only knows why they do these things. Must be just to infuriate ME!

Quote:
- I jusy wish I had some mates who enjoyed the film that I could have invited round to watch it with me - as it was I was on my little ownsome.....

I don't know why a bunch of you from the UK don't plan a meeting somewhere. You could all watch the film together. If I lived there I would be planning it and dragging all of you into it as well!!
cindoo15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
I just found out that you can buy Alexander on www.cdwow.com But the region 2 [Europe] DVD is only 1 disc, the region 3 [South Asia] DVD is 3 discs!?! What is going on?

Do they have one for the US?
Catherine X

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cindoo15 wrote:
Catherine X wrote:

I think they have, I'm not sure. Have a look on the CDwow website and check. Smile
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALLELUIA!!!!!

My DVD arrived yesterday! And I saw it in the original language for the first time. My God, it's another thing! I appreciate it even more now.
I loooooooove Colin's accent. In the balcony scene when he says to Hephaestion :" I'll be with you till the end." When I hear his voice, I just melt.
alessandros

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:

is that true??!! then when is the release date for it?? or was it released aready??!! i got to go check it out!!
Goldsnail

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 discs? wow. Germany will see a single disc and a 2 disc version. Guess which one I'll buy Wink
cindoo15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
cindoo15 wrote:
Catherine X wrote:

I think they have, I'm not sure. Have a look on the CDwow website and check. Smile

I couldn't find the region 1 disc; but then again, I didn't see region 3 either.
cindoo15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joanna wrote:
ALLELUIA!!!!!

My DVD arrived yesterday! And I saw it in the original language for the first time. My God, it's another thing! I appreciate it even more now.
I loooooooove Colin's accent. In the balcony scene when he says to Hephaestion :" I'll be with you till the end." When I hear his voice, I just melt.

Joanna, I am so happy for you. I must be a treat to actually hear it for the first time.
cindoo15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a pirate copy on way to me but it's been a while so I'm convinced there is an evil customs officer who has stolen it from me and may be watching it right at this very moment!
Catherine X

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cindoo15 wrote:
I couldn't find the region 1 disc; but then again, I didn't see region 3 either.

That's weird. I just went to the site, searched with the word Alexander and the discs came up in a list. Confused
joanna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is a 3 disc DVD. There is already the theatrical version and there will be a 'Final Cut ' version ,too. It will be shorter and it's scheduled for an August 2 street date in the US. (I'm talking about the film , not for the extra material about the making of it or about Oliver.)

In Italy only the theatrical version will be released and we can get the 'Final Cut' online. So, I come to the conclusion that they are preparing the shorter 'Final Cut' mainly.. for the US ! What a shame Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: