Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jonathan as Elvis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jonathan Rhys-Meyers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adriv

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Jonathan as Elvis Reply with quote

For those who live in the states CBS is showing a miniseries, "Elvis", Jonathan Rhys-Meyers stars as The King.

This is what he said:

"There is a challenge in playing one of America's biggest icons," admits Jonathan, who is best known in the U.S. as the soccer coach in 'Bend it Like Beckham.' "Where does an Irish person get the temerity to play Elvis Presley? When I told the people at home that I was going to play Elvis, first I got a giggle as if I was telling them a joke. Then when they found out I was serious, there was a look of horror."

This was an interview with ET.

CBS's "Elvis," airing this coming May 8 and 11.
Catherine X

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember this everyone? Cassanders Mum told us this a few weeks/ months ago, didn't she. I wonder where she's gone.
Adriv

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a little clip of an interview with Jonathan about playing Elvis, the accent and everything. He also said that he got a girlfriend back in London.
My point is for all Jonathan fans out there.... He´s taken! Confused
Rachel25

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did no one watch this man play elvis? He wasn't half bad either. His accent was quite good, I was disappointed in the lip synching (not that it was done cause they have Elvis' recordings for God's sake, but that it didn't match up with the music a little better.)

And as always he looked amazing people.
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grrr... didn´t watch it! I forgot!!!! how can I forget??? Mad
cassanders mum

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Im right here Catherine!!! Reply with quote

Hi guys, good to see you all still here. Elveis got really well received and the producers well pleased as is Jonny. He was on our Late Late Show on Friday last and did a terrific interview. Morgan and I spent the evening with him, dinner, show, and late night afterwards. He got the Best Newcomer at Cannes this year ( after 28 films!) and his next project is Mission Impossible 3.
cassanders mum

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Just for Adriv! Reply with quote

Thought you might be interested in what Jonny wore on Friday noght? He has had 10 satin suits - 5 white/5 black - made by John Galliano, he wore black on Friday and looke absolutely gorgeous if only I was 30 years younger!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhh!
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God! Shocked lucky you cassanders mum, I wish I was you. Wink
axelsmomma

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: JRM as Elvis Reply with quote

Hi, All,

I have to say that "ELVIS" where I first discovered Jonathan. I first saw him and said "Oh, my God, who is this?" I simply had to find out more about this man! I absolutely LOVED the Elvis mini series! JRM definetly has the right moves to play Elvis Presley!

After this movie, I have been renting movies left and right that JRM has been in. I just LOVE the movie "Bend it like Beckham" and that accent...Oh my god, it just makes me melt!

Kathy
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: JRM as Elvis Reply with quote

axelsmomma wrote:
Hi, All,

After this movie, I have been renting movies left and right that JRM has been in. I just LOVE the movie "Bend it like Beckham" and that accent...Oh my god, it just makes me melt!

Kathy

Yes, I like that movie too. He was very cute in it.
cassanders mum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: JRM's Birthday Reply with quote

Just to remind all you guys he celebrates his birthday on July 27th. He is in Rome at present but may be in the US next week depending on shooting on Mission Imp.3 He's in great form and you'll like this one Adriv he's been working out in the gym so he's beefed up some, hopefully he will now have a rear end we can see!! Get the ice pack Adriv, I can feel the heat over here1!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rachel25

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess no one has heard that he was nominated for an Emmy for him performance in 'Elvis'? Well, he was.Smile
Unfortunately I doubt that he will win. Not that he didn't do an excellent job, but he's up against William H Macy, Ed Harris, Kenneth Branaugh and Geoffrey Rush.

Sounds like it really was an honour just to be nominated.
cassanders mum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: JRM/Elvis Reply with quote

"Elvis" has actually received 6 nominations! including Best Actress and Best Supporting Actor. Its great PR for JRM as while he is more well known this side of the Atlantic his profile in the States would be less but after this who knows????
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep seeing him in different movies, he´s been everywhere. Good for him!
cassanders mum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: holiday Reply with quote

Well guys, Looks like after a bad start to the year with Alexander being slated and JRM's role being cut to al;most nothing the Gods have favoured our Johnny and things really looking up for him as Adriv says, we see him everywhere these days. Long may it last he deserves it. I will be interested to see how Mission Impossible 3 turns out as its a different type of character again.
Anyway, enjoy whats left of the summer and I am off on Hols to ..... guess?? Morocco again, so when I am sunning myself on the balcony of (Johnny's) the apartment in Taghazout you will all be in my thoughts ha ah. off on Sat hooray!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jonathan Rhys-Meyers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: