Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i want to watch him as a protagonic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jared Leto
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isela

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: i want to watch him as a protagonic Reply with quote

i want to watch him playing the protagonic role.
in urban leyend he is too close but the girl takes most of the time.
i was watching it and saying Evil or Very Mad again you come on girl let jared appear.
the panic room is another example he appears too late and he dies to soon. Mad
by the way he looks older.
Alexander is the best movie but he could be more on it.
Catherine X

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if that is why the chemistry worked between Jared and Colin so well- one of them is extrovert and the other introvert, or whatever Question
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jared had chooen a good role in Alexander, now the doors has opened to him, his making more movies. Lord of War, Awake and now Lonely Hearts with Salma Hayek.

I am very happy for him, I hope he´ll remember that Alexander was a doorway to his success.
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriv wrote:
I am very happy for him, I hope he´ll remember that Alexander was a doorway to his success.

I think he will remember Alexander. I think there was definitely something between him and Colin, I don't mean they had big love [unfortunately] but they exchanged locks of hair, for goodness sake, there must have been something for him to remember Wink
cindoo15

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always found that 'locks of hair' story very interesting. Either they got very deep into their characters (which I have heard Colin talk about referring to his role as Alexander) or, there was something between them that went beyond being 'buds'. Whichever it is, it's a great story and always makes me kind of warm and fuzzy inside.
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are different levels of friendship, love etc. that we do not have the words to describe. Its like the relationship in Lost in Translation- the main characters weren't lovers, but they were more than friends. Something like that. Question
nebari_at_heart

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think they are very good vrineds, but like...you know when you find someone who's totally on the same wavelength? like they have your sense of humour, understand your ideas, understand your way of thinking, you are so close that you share this kind of deep understanding you can't explain. i can refer to a friend Claud and I here - we share that kind of relationship - nobody else understands us we talk to each other Laughing

@isela: i totally get you - i agree, it would be wonderful to see more of his talents because he has so much to offer. but he said himself, he'd rather take a very small role in a decent, boundry-pushing film than get a lead role in some kind of shallow flick. he even went all the way to the set of phone booth to shoot a tiny cameo [which, may i add, is where he met colin] which was never even shot, i don;t think. still waiting for a directors cut... Wink

have you seen Highway and Requiem for a dream? he has leads in those films - highway is a great film. i haven't seen R for a D yet, but i so badly dsperately want to it looks amazing and has incredible reviews.
Nari
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jared Leto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: