Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dont make this movie a peg for the gay lobbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Dont make this movie a peg for the gay lobbie Reply with quote

alexanders desciple wrote:
...Alexander The Great is not a an excuse for homosexuality or for us in society s
who disagree with it to accept it as the norm it isnt,if homosexuality was normal the human race would be extinct within a generation...

You need to come out of your shell and into the real world. Homosexuality isn't limited to homosapiens -

Quote:
Just as in humans, animals often form long-term *** relationships. In species in which this normally occurs in heterosexual couples, that shouldn't come as a great surprise, but it does come as a surprise in species where heterosexual pair-bonds don't normally form for long if at all. This is true of bottlenose dolphins, which are not known to form heterosexual pair bonds, but which do in fact form homosexual pair bonds, including sex, and often lasting for life.
In animals in which "bachelor groups" form, such as bison, gazelles, antelope, sage grouse and Guinean cocks-of-the-rock, it is not uncommon for same sex pair bonds to form and last until one or the other member of the pair departs the relationship and breeds. It is also not uncommon for homosexual preference to form among members of such bachelor groups; when offered the opportunity to breed unencumbered with members of the opposite sex or the same sex, they choose the same sex.

The human pattern of bisexuality also appears in animals. In some cases, animals prefer same sex at one point in their lives, and change preference later. They may even change back and forth. In some cases, animals may seek sex with partners of either sex at random.

In animals with a seasonal breeding pattern, homosexuality can even be seasonal. Male walruses, for example, often form homosexual pair bonds and have sex with each other outside of the breeding season, but will revert to a heterosexual pattern during the normal breeding season.

I suggest you grow up and if you want to start gay bashing you go and do it somewhere else as it will not be tolerated here. And for those that are now wondering - no, I'm not (I'm married with three children) but I will not tolerate ANY form of bashing on this board.
Cami Te Amo!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get upset Kevin! Wink

I agree with you alexander disciple! Very Happy
F*ckAthensThisIsMacedon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham Norton? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Cool down mate! Besides Norton is very funny Laughing
kida_greenleaf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: oh COME ON Reply with quote

Hetrosexual female talking here, but because I am defending homosexuality in my post I am probably a closet lesbian. Right?

You do not have the right to accuse anyone of being a closet case, and to make such claims on an internet message board is ridiculous. Have you ever even met Kevin?

The “lecture” on animals shows that there is nothing unnatural about homosexuality because it also occurs in the rest of the animal kingdom. Besides, studies have come out that point to homosexuality as being chemical, and not a choice that people make.

Certainly you are not gay bashing. You’re just claiming that a large amount of the human race (more than you may care to think) are abnormal. I would not appreciate being called abnormal, nor do I think would you.

Monogamy…well, Alexander certainly agreed with you on that. Smile

Yet I wonder how you would explain Bagoas?

And hey, maybe we should have more gay people if it has such a deep impact on procreation. The world is already completely overpopulated.

Alexander is also very important to me. I admire him for the most part (I have issues with some of what he did, as I think any sane person would). I also do not want him to be portrayed wrongfully in the movie(s). Likewise, I do not want him to be portrayed as something he was not. Alexander was a human being. Part of what makes him great, to this day, is the fact that he was flawed. I admire this. But I don’t think one of these flaws was that he was certainly bisexual.

The focus of his story is that he conquered most of the known-world during his time. People make an issue out of his sexual orientation because it is now taboo in our modern society, whereas it was not an issue back then.

P.S. Do you honestly think EVERY gay person acts like Graham Norton? That is just plain ignorant.
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Dont make this movie a peg for the gay lobbie Reply with quote

Dont class alexander as a silly camp gay boy like Graham Norton or allow *** to have this man asa a hero.
Only you have classed him like Graham Norton - nobody else mentioned that.

Alexander was not gay or an alcoholic he was a man of his time where such things were the normality
So what's you problem them? You've just said it was the normality!

Kevin fair enough wife and kids,maybe we are talking closset here, but never mind each to their own. Thanks cami support welcomed!
Not at all - If I think somebody is being offensive to any type of person I'll defend it and act. For example -

Puffs are queers etc ....
Which part of the rules and regulations do you not understand? Those are derogatory terms which I will not accept and have earned you your first and final warning.

I say what I say as an opinion which is alloweecin this country lets face it there are people in our society who say and get away with worse and instigate support for terrorists.
You can do that here WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THE RULES AND REGULATIONS. This message board is not here for you to spout off any old crap if that crap is insulting to other people.

kida_greenleaf wrote:
The “lecture” on animals shows that there is nothing unnatural about homosexuality because it also occurs in the rest of the animal kingdom. Besides, studies have come out that point to homosexuality as being chemical, and not a choice that people make.
Exactly the point I was making.

My entire point to you, "Alexanders Desciple", is that you can say what you like but keep it within the confines of the rules and regulations. They are not there because I was bored one day and had nothing better to do. They are there to stop people like you offending other people with abuse.

I am grown up and more mature than you would think
It shouldn't be too hard for you to understand then, should it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: