Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is everbody ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Where is everbody ??? Reply with quote

greetings fellow alexander friends!!!! my question is where the old alexander gang at ?? laarlark catherine X MOOK pipsqueak and a few more that i forgot?? you guys havent lost interest have you ?? I have talked to joanna and cindoo but the rest i havent seen that many posts form you all > are you guys up in pella already LOL. take care hope to see you soon in here FAVOUR FORTUNES THE BOLD!!!!!
cindoo15

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am sad to see people missing. I have been hoping that the release of the DVD will pick it up a bit over here but if anything, it's slowed down a bit since it's been on order. Strange. Well, not really; I suppose maybe everyone is busy watching the film! I do hope to see people returning to discuss it now that it's fresh in our minds again. Also, maybe when it comes out in stores we'll see a bunch more new people show up with enthusiasm. They can tell us about how they didn't see it in the theatre because of the bad reviews but after they rented it at Blockbuster they loved it and had to run out and buy a copy Very Happy Yes, that is what I see.

So, just call me Aristander - a true prophet (no, I'm not crazy; that's just a take on Arrian).
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello folks

Sorry I've been missing. I have had flu all week, I'm also revising for my film exam soon, my mum is moving house soon to be next door to us. She has just been on the phone wondering why I haven't been texting/ phoning her and generally making me feel guilty for being a bad daughter etc. etc. I'm wondering if it is the right thing to have her moving in next door and generally thinking I've made a mistake, but can't let her know that of course. We've also got my brother in law's second time around wedding coming up soon and that is causing havoc in the family.

So I'm not in the best of moods lately. I also haven't got Alexander yet and so haven't got much to say about him/ the film. I'm looking forward to the end of May/ beginning of June cos my exam will be over, mum will be moved in, I'll be on half term holiday and my health will hopefully be better by then.

So I'll be around, but maybe not posting much. Sad
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
Hello folks

Sorry I've been missing. I have had flu all week, I'm also revising for my film exam soon, my mum is moving house soon to be next door to us. She has just been on the phone wondering why I haven't been texting/ phoning her and generally making me feel guilty for being a bad daughter etc. etc. I'm wondering if it is the right thing to have her moving in next door and generally thinking I've made a mistake, but can't let her know that of course.

It is a high price she charges for 9 months lodging in the womb. Laughing

Just kidding of coarse. But I do completely understand; my mother is queen of the guilt trips - she's taken it to an art form. I wrote somewhere else how my husband and I laughed when we watched the film recently and Olympias is going on about "what have I done to make you hate me so" - cracked us up - sounded like my mother!

Quote:

So I'm not in the best of moods lately. I also haven't got Alexander yet and so haven't got much to say about him/ the film. I'm looking forward to the end of May/ beginning of June cos my exam will be over, mum will be moved in, I'll be on half term holiday and my health will hopefully be better by then.

Ummm, and you'll have the DVD by then. Right? Yes, right. I must try some sneaky way to find out your address and then mail you a copy of the DVD - wether you like it or not!!!! Very Happy Who me? Pushy? Never!! Like I said before, it must be because I'm American - I know yall over in Europe think we're pushy - can't imagine where you get that impression from! Smile Guess maybe I take after my mother a bit after all; my poor children - what they'll go through when they're grown.

Quote:

So I'll be around, but maybe not posting much. Sad

Do say hello every few days or so; we'll miss seeing you here. Please don't disappear completely. You're a very important part of this board.
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about me Pam, i'm just a moany old cow. I did think of getting Kevin to remove my post as it was so moany. Rolling Eyes

I dont' know why mothers have to constantly criticise their daughters, it is so pointless and stupid. If I ever had children I would support them, not take the side of everyone else in the world against them.
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cindoo15 wrote:
Catherine X wrote:
Hello folks

Sorry I've been missing. I have had flu all week, I'm also revising for my film exam soon, my mum is moving house soon to be next door to us. She has just been on the phone wondering why I haven't been texting/ phoning her and generally making me feel guilty for being a bad daughter etc. etc. I'm wondering if it is the right thing to have her moving in next door and generally thinking I've made a mistake, but can't let her know that of course.

It is a high price she charges for 9 months lodging in the womb. Laughing

Just kidding of coarse. But I do completely understand; my mother is queen of the guilt trips - she's taken it to an art form. I wrote somewhere else how my husband and I laughed when we watched the film recently and Olympias is going on about "what have I done to make you hate me so" - cracked us up - sounded like my mother!

Quote:

Ummm, and you'll have the DVD by then. Right? Yes, right. I must try some sneaky way to find out your address and then mail you a copy of the DVD - wether you like it or not!!!! Very Happy Who me? Pushy? Never!! Like I said before, it must be because I'm American - I know yall over in Europe think we're pushy - can't imagine where you get that impression from! Smile Guess maybe I take after my mother a bit after all; my poor children - what they'll go through when they're grown.

Laughing Laughing
Ely

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im here Very Happy
cindoo15

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
Don't worry about me Pam, i'm just a moany old cow.

Quite alright Catherine - now it's my turn to be a moany old cow. I had some other things I wanted to post tonight but my husband was in the room with me and he kept talking and talking and talking (if I was looking at the computer, he'd come over and stand next to me to talk) so it has taken me all night to just post what would have taken only maybe one hour. I mean really, what does he think, that I'm his wife or something and I have to listen to everything he says? LOL! Then, just a moment ago (he did abandon me for about 15 min) he came in here and said I was getting addicted to this!!!!! Of coarse, about a minute later he brought me a peace offering - bagel and cream cheese (hey, after you've been married 22 years, it's food that says 'I love you').

Well, it is quite late so I'm off. Bye!
Maz

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cindoo15 wrote:
about a minute later he brought me a peace offering - bagel and cream cheese

Laughing Theres no resisting.
apelles

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See,Leonidas,they,re all coming out of the woodwork at your command,even Ely,man of few words!I hope this forum doesn,t just dwindle and die off--it,s too much fun to let that happen.I,ll just have to redouble my efforts. Very Happy
apelles

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
Don't worry about me Pam, i'm just a moany old cow. I did think of getting Kevin to remove my post as it was so moany. Rolling Eyes

I dont' know why mothers have to constantly criticise their daughters, it is so pointless and stupid. If I ever had children I would support them, not take the side of everyone else in the world against them.

Chin up Catherine----that,s what daughters are for!! We all go through it,so you,re not on your own.Good luck with the exam. Very Happy
allison

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still here - not posting often due to time commitments (work full time, study part time - currently have 2 essays that I'm working on plus tutorial exercises!!) Am participating in the Reading Group most of all - but even then I'm behind! haven't finished posting for book 3 yet - let alone book 4!)

DVD hasn't come out in Australia yet - can't wait Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: