Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colin likes them, Much older.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Maz



Joined: 08 May 2005
Posts: 88
Location: England

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Colin likes them, Much older. Reply with quote

I forgot to post this, this news is from a couple of weeks back and I found it VERY interesting. I also saw the show.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forget playing Alexander the Great, Colin Farrell's greatest role has always been playing Romeo around Hollywood.

But with a shortage of ladies left to hit on, Colin must be finding it difficult to keep up his reputation. So he's turned to a slightly older model.

Seventy-year-old Dame Eileen Atkins, seen in Gosford Park and Cold Mountain, has revealed Colin tried it on with her on the set of their new film, Ask The Dust.


Coling Farrell and Dame Eileen Atkins

The veteran actress told ITV's Loose Woman how Colin went on a near three-hour crusade to seduce her - claiming he just wouldn't take no for an answer.

Dame Eileen didn't take him up on his offer but, when asked if she was tempted, she replied, "Of course I was!

"I said no in the end because he said, 'You won't do it because your body isn't as good as it was when you were young, isn't it?


Colin with his Alexander co-star Angelina Jolie - there were rumours of a fling

"He said, 'I don't care about that,' but that was why, because I'm too proud of how I looked when I was younger."

The Dame had initially refused to name Colin, referring to him only as a "stunningly gorgeous big film star, aged 28 years old".

But if she'd been trying to save Colin's embarrassment at being knocked back by an older woman, her agent put a stop to it and let Colin's name out of the bag.

Col's bedpost has been left like a toothpick after all the names he's had to notch into it.

Rumours are that Angelina Jolie, Britney Spears, Naomi Campbell, the list goes on have all fallen for his charms. However, Dame Eileen Atkins' is certainly one name he won't be carving in.

(c) Sky.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laughing Gotta <3 the guy.

[/i]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
joanna



Joined: 02 Feb 2005
Posts: 1270
Location: Greece/USA/Italy/UK/

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I heard that on the radio the other day. It made my day! Very Happy There is still hope! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Adriv



Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 1144
Location: Maryland, USA

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.... seventy years old??? Yikes! he´s running out of women? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Catherine X



Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 814
Location: England

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I actually watched that episode of Loose Women while ill at home! I immediately went to IMDB and looked up men that Eileen had worked with. I could only come up with JRM who has worked with her, but I'm really not surprised it was Colin instead. Rolling Eyes

So anyway, if he's running out of women, why don't we Alexandrians go and find him? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
apelles



Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 1152

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joanna wrote:
Yes, I heard that on the radio the other day. It made my day! Very Happy There is still hope! Laughing


Laughing Wink Me too!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Maz



Joined: 08 May 2005
Posts: 88
Location: England

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
Yes, I actually watched that episode of Loose Women


Laughing me too. Did you watch the episode the day after? They were asking would you say yes to Colin. One of the panel, Carrol I think instantly said "Yes!" Razz the other 3 said they don't know because they're already in relationships. They know they would really Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
nebari_at_heart



Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Posts: 114
Location: Sussex

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maz wrote:
They know they would really Rolling Eyes

HELL yeah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Catherine X



Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 814
Location: England

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maz wrote:
Catherine X wrote:
Yes, I actually watched that episode of Loose Women


Laughing me too. Did you watch the episode the day after? They were asking would you say yes to Colin. One of the panel, Carrol I think instantly said "Yes!" Razz the other 3 said they don't know because they're already in relationships. They know they would really Rolling Eyes


Colin is quickly becoming everyone's fantasy man. Razz But although I think it is a bit strange him chatting up a 70 year old woman, in another way I think its open minded of him and shows that he likes women, whatever age, not just a pretty face/ body. Because really its only our bodies that age, we are all still the same in the mind, aren't we? Hope that makes sense, I'm in the middle of cooking Sunday lunch. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Maz



Joined: 08 May 2005
Posts: 88
Location: England

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
Maz wrote:
Catherine X wrote:
Yes, I actually watched that episode of Loose Women


Laughing me too. Did you watch the episode the day after? They were asking would you say yes to Colin. One of the panel, Carrol I think instantly said "Yes!" Razz the other 3 said they don't know because they're already in relationships. They know they would really Rolling Eyes


Colin is quickly becoming everyone's fantasy man. Razz But although I think it is a bit strange him chatting up a 70 year old woman, in another way I think its open minded of him and shows that he likes women, whatever age, not just a pretty face/ body. Because really its only our bodies that age, we are all still the same in the mind, aren't we? Hope that makes sense, I'm in the middle of cooking Sunday lunch. Laughing


Yes it does and I totally agree. Plus, I'm sure he has gained a much larger elder fan base... Go Colin!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Catherine X



Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 814
Location: England

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another thing: if Colin has 'a shortage of ladies', why doesn't somebody tell him about this website and all his devoted fans here? And while they are at it, tell Jared too Razz They could meet Cindoo and Joanna in Italy, or everyone else in Pella. We could have a Colin and Jared Convention. But of course they would have to wear their Alexander outfits Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nebari_at_heart



Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Posts: 114
Location: Sussex

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
But of course they would have to wear their Alexander outfits Razz

or nothing at all.... Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maz



Joined: 08 May 2005
Posts: 88
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nebari_at_heart wrote:
Catherine X wrote:
But of course they would have to wear their Alexander outfits Razz

or nothing at all.... Razz


Although I <3 the Alexander costumes, I'm going with that one Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
joanna



Joined: 02 Feb 2005
Posts: 1270
Location: Greece/USA/Italy/UK/

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
And another thing: if Colin has 'a shortage of ladies', why doesn't somebody tell him about this website and all his devoted fans here? And while they are at it, tell Jared too Razz They could meet Cindoo and Joanna in Italy, or everyone else in Pella. We could have a Colin and Jared Convention. But of course they would have to wear their Alexander outfits Razz


If we had met Colin and Jared in Florence, we (I , for sure) would have gone crazy! Imagine Pam and I running after them and trying to start a conversation. We wouldn't miss the opportunity, right? These marvellous things don't happen everyday. We would do anything to catch their attention. Wouldn't you?

Conclusion
I'm back home. No meeting with the gorgeous guys. Sad
Maybe, if I had called them and they knew we were there, they would have come to meet us. Maybe.......LOL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
LEAA



Joined: 22 May 2005
Posts: 9
Location: Florida U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Colin Likes Them, Much Older Reply with quote

Hi Ya'll. It's me LEAA. I just signed up today!!
This is my very first reply/comment!

Sad I'm a little scared, not having ever done this before.
(Please be gentle with me.)

I have, however, for the last three hours, been reading all
the excellent conversation on this forum. I have, in some
cases, been laughing out loud and even a tear or two has been
shed. (Can I get more sappy?)

For some time now, I have been thrilled to see anything
Colin Farrell is even remotely connected to.
I was thinking I'm one of only a few (very intelligent
individuals, of course).
But, now I see there are more like me!! Laughing

"Hi, my name is LEAA and I am a ColinOHolic." Rolling Eyes

Guess what? I also have thought of Mr. Ledo quite often.
Ever since I saw him in "My So-Called Life" eons ago on MTV.
I've been watching that young man.
Beautiful, Beautiful eyes, mmm mmm...

Oh, sorry, I got side-tracked...

Back to Colin: O.K. don't freak out on me, but I still HAVE NOT
seen "Alexander". I know, sorry. Did anyone faint besides me?
I can't believe I said that out loud and in print! Ack!
I'm not sure where everyone is located, but I am guessing around the
world. For some crazy reason, I could not even find this movie
in any theater in my area. When I did finally figure out where it was
playing, it wasn't showing anymore. Played for a whole week.
Damn it all the Hell! (Yes, I stole that from Charleton Heston.)
Now, keep in mind, I'm from the U.S.A. extreme south.
Apparently, lots of folks only focused on one topic regarding
this movie. And we all know what that was.
(If you don't know what I'm talking about, let me know.)

So, when you all are discussing senior Colin's rear, I am very
jealous. Now, before everyone answers or emails, YES, I do
know that Alexander is now out on DVD. It's about damn time!! Very Happy
Any other vitally important body parts I should be looking for
in Alexander or any of his other movies? Let me know.

Also, the fact that he may occasionally prefer a slightly older
woman, well damn! I'm not saying I'm alot older than him, but
I could certainly help him out in that area.

Anyway, are you all bored with me yet?
I'm just so thrilled to have found you!!!

Why do I feel this way about him? Well, I have put together
a list of, what I consider, his most valuable/appealing/sexy/
important/wonderful/fabulous.... (Oops, I'm gettin' carried
away again.)

Colin's ASSetts:
(This is just a small list, as there is not enough room
on this forum for everything. I'm sure you agree.)

REAL EMOTIONAL EYES (He says alot with them, without
uttering a word.) (I think I just swooned, yes definately
swooned.)

BEAUTIFUL DARK HAIR (Well, now here is something I am
very partial to. I really love men with dark hair and
light eyes. Not that Colin's eyes are very light brown.
But, sometimes in certain views and pictures of him, they
are such a soft golden brown. Again I say, mmm mmm.
Also, yes, I will go on record as saying that I absolutely
hate the way he looks with that blonde hair. I know, brutal,
but I must be honest. Especially, the photos of him in
which he is made to look very young. Page-boyish. Ug!)
(Actually, if he was standing in front of me, in person,
I could possibly change my mind.)

GORGEOUS THICK EYEBROWS (Oh my, I love the way his left one
is lower than his right. If you haven't noticed, which I doubt,
check it out.)

BEAUTIFUL BUTT (I know, that goes without saying. And, yes I already
said "ASSetts". I just wanted to make sure we were absolutely clear
on this subject. (Check him out in Recruit, in his nice black, underware.
When he is standing in the bathroom. Yousa!! ))

My favorite Film, without a doubt (well so far) has to be The Recruit.

Oh my gosh, ...

(I would just like to make a statement here that if I was allowed,
I would say something else besides "Oh my gosh". But, I don't
want to get in trouble or kicked out of here.)

...that part where he and Layla are standing in the parking garage
and then subsequently at her place, has got to be the sexiest
of him yet. When he says, "There is not enough time..." in
the parking lot and then when they are ripping each other
clothes off and he grabs her arms and throws them above
her head, oooh baby... I will probably have to buy a new
dvd because of that. Due to extreme wear. I'm surely not
the only one!

Also, in Recruit, when he is going through that horrible part
(I call it the "Dungeon" scene. He is just so pitiful and
you can tell he is just about to totally lose it. I love it when a
man can show his weak and vulnerable side! (And he does it
so well.) I just want to scoop him up and take him away.

To me, he looks so sexy when he has that dark/5 O'Clock shadow/
stubble/needs a shave thing going on. I especially like the photos I
have been seeing of him from New World. Now, don't get me wrong
here, I usually prefer a man with short hair. But in these photos, he
looks absolutely irresistable and hot!! Anybody know when that is
or has been slated to be in the theaters?

I'm hoping that you all will understand the need for me to do some
"Colin Venting". No one else understands the need to discuss
him at length, covering various topics of interest and
importance. Others just don't get it! Wink

O.K. Well, it is near early morning here and I think I'm starting to get
Carpal Tunnel Syndrom from typing. Of course, if Colin was here
with me, I'm sure I could somehow work through the pain. Wink
mmm mmm...

Did I do O.K.?? Write too much? Go on too long about Colin?
(Not Bloody Likely!! (Yeah, I stole that from Seinfeld. Cool )
I'll be waiting to hear from ya'll (There's that southern again.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
apelles



Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 1152

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! Epic post Laughing Laughing You are so lucky because you have Alexander to look forward to.Get the dvd, sit back,with the phone off the hook,a nice glass of wine and prepare to be blown away.Enjoy. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group