Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How ridiculous could the Director's Cut be?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: How ridiculous could the Director's Cut be? Reply with quote

A non serious post. Laughing

Me and my husband got carried away with fantastical imaginings of how 'they' would alter Alexander to please those who didn't like it.

His favourite idea was that somehow 'they' would have CGI-ed Jared/ Hephaestion into a woman, Hephaestina. They would have dubbed over the bits where Colin/Alexander mentioned men/ sex/ anything suggestive. But because 'they' did it cheaply and quickly, 'they' would use one of those voices you get on automated telephone services [press 1 for sales, press 2 for customer service etc.] So it would be 'Oh, [Hephaestina], you look so [womanly] today'. Or 'Oh [Hephaestina], you have such a great big [army] Laughing

My favourite idea was that because people did not like Colin's portrayal of Alexander, 'they' would have cut him out completely. The DC would be full of shots of Alexander in the distance, or people saying 'oh, you just missed him,' 'he went that way', 'he's away fighting a battle' and Colin would not be in it at all. Laughing

I just wonder how ridiculous the DC will be, surely it can't be as bad as the above ideas.....

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goldsnail

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your husband is insane, give him my best greetings! Very Happy
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things I love about this board is that everyone has such a good sense of humour and understands what I'm on about all the time Very Happy Very Happy

Another thing we thought was that maybe on the DC there would be a choice of words that the viewer would choose e.g. a] would be innocent; b] would be neutral; c] would be rude. 'Oh Hephaestion, put your hand on my a] arm; b] sword; c] willy.' Laughing Embarassed

Then surely OS wouldn't have to worry about offending anyone anymore and never change his films again Mad Actually, maybe that is an idea and all DVDs should be like that... Idea
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: