Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best piece of music in the film
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isela

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation I forgot to give more info. it is a recent born about not only the music it has nice pics, fanlisting, etc. Very Happy
Hephaestion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexandros_19 wrote:
Hephaestion wrote:
I'm back..
Welcome back! You had been absent for long.

Thanks Smile Hadn't had Internet for a month and I don't want to use library's computers Razz
joanna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you 'came back', Hephaestion.I thought you had abandoned us.

We missed you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, welcome back!!

I must say, an awful lot of people are missing. Where has everyone gone?

CatherineX, lardvark, pipsqueak.......... so many more too! Who is still out there from the time we sent the letter to Stone?

I must say as well, I am very glad to see so many new 'faces' around here though. I am really horrible about making it to the 'Hello' section of the site but I want all of you to know that I'm glad your here!

Pam
cindoo15

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm getting nervous. I'm hearing crickets in the background today when I come to the site.

Where is Adriv? I haven't seen her around in several days - ok, I'm a bit obsessive sometimes and I checked - last post was on the 8th. Hello Adriv, did you drink one too many toasts to Alexander and Hephaestion and now you're sleeping it off? Laughing

CatherineX - it's been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long!
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cindoo15 wrote:
Now I'm getting nervous. I'm hearing crickets in the background today when I come to the site.

Where is Adriv? I haven't seen her around in several days - ok, I'm a bit obsessive sometimes and I checked - last post was on the 8th. Hello Adriv, did you drink one too many toasts to Alexander and Hephaestion and now you're sleeping it off? Laughing

I share the feeling. I entered here and the forum feels empty. Sad Where is everybody? I hope the absence is just temporary (vacation or any other reason), so I hope to see many back to posting. Pam, yes, I also get a bit obsessive sometimes and check those same things. Laughing
Leonnatus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole Vangelis score is brilliant especially the closing credits sequence, which in parts is comparable to some of the best choral works of Bach, Beethoven and Mozart.
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cindoo15 wrote:

I have been traveling guys, but I do check the forum when ever I have the time, just that I don´t write anything.

Always toast to Alexander and Hephaestion, cindoo15 Wink never get tired of it and even when I´m traveling think of them and you guys Wink

I will try to be here more often.... promise.

Who says that Alexander didn´t love Hephaestion? *takes her sword*
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I´m away from home, I take my Alexander soundtrack with me and whenever have the chance I listen to it - it´s wonderful. It is kind of what Alexander did with the Iliad. Wink
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriv wrote:
cindoo15 wrote:

I have been traveling guys, but I do check the forum when ever I have the time, just that I don´t write anything.

Always toast to Alexander and Hephaestion, cindoo15 Wink never get tired of it and even when I´m traveling think of them and you guys Wink

I will try to be here more often.... promise.

Who says that Alexander didn´t love Hephaestion? *takes her sword*

Well, Adriv, great to have you back posting. I'm reading now all the comments you posted during the last hours.
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alexandros_19, I told cindoo15 my fingers were fast this time, I had to catch up. Wink
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriv wrote:
Thanks Alexandros_19, I told cindoo15 my fingers were fast this time, I had to catch up. Wink

Yes, I saw, Speedy Gonzalez. Laughing Laughing
AphroditeIncarnate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely loved "Titans". It had such a grand, epic, golden essence--it gave me a clear picture of Alexander as a noble warrior. Not only did I see him in my mind--I felt his presence, if that's the way to put it. I also really liked "Across the Mountains". The walking drum beat was perfect, and the majestic theme really gave you a sense of the mountains. I also loved the exotic eastern pieces, especially "Roxane's Veil". It has a sensual, exotic melody that's absolutely beautiful. Vanessa Mae is a really talented violinist. Alexander's music was fantastic.
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn´t it great! I love my soundtrack and I can´t get enough of it. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: